While most seating systems are not maintained until a problem occurs, we strongly support NFPA and IBC, which mandate normal maintenance. Finding a potential problem before it becomes an extensive repair will not only save money in the long run but will avoid a potential break down of the equipment. Below you will find the normal routine maintenance procedures. We are regularly engaged in the installation, maintenance, and service of these systems and are ready to help with all of your maintenance needs.
- Clean all debris from on top and beneath each seating section prior to operation.
- Make sure floor is clean and that there are no obstructions in the path of the seating sections prior to operation.
- Check for loose or missing hardware, misalignment of wheel channels and/or row lock assemblies, damaged boards, wall anchors and condition of railings prior to occupying the seating sections.
- Any deficiency must be corrected prior to use of the seating sections.
- Check and tighten all bolted connections. Replace any missing or damaged hardware with material equal in size and quality to the original hardware.
- Check for proper alignment of all foot connections and row lock assemblies(if so equipped). Tighten, adjust or replace as required.
- Check all welded connections for cracking, breakage or fatigue. Repair or replace as required.
- Check and tighten all wall and floor anchors. Repair or replace as required.
- Check and tighten all railing systems. Repair or replace as required.
- Check all wood boards for cracks, excess wear or damage. Repair or replace as required.
- Clean and check all wheels and axles, aligning devices, springs and adjusting hardware. Apply a light spray lubricant to each component.
- Clean and lubricate all wheel housings and column support arms (if applicable)with a medium duty temperature resistant grease lubricant.
- Perform all necessary adjustments for proper clearances and operation.
- Electrically Operated - Friction Drive: (Add to the proceeding items)
- Check all wiring and wire connections. Repair or replace as required.
- Clean, check, lubricate and adjust all bearings, shafts, chains and attachment hardware. Repair or replace as required.
- Electrically Operated - Non Friction Drive: Contact our office or the manufacturer
- Retain a contractor regularly engaged in the Telescopic Gymnasium Seating Industry to completely inspect and evaluate, in writing, the condition of each seating section.